The Resistance Begins: New York Gun Owners Refuse to Register

guns

“Largest Act of Civil Disobedience in State History”

by Mac Slavo

With emotions running high in the aftermath of the Newtown Sandy Hook shooting, politicians on the State and Federal level have begun introducing legislative actions to curtail access to firearms protected by the Second Amendment. In Missouri, parents may soon be forced to register firearms with their child’s school under threat of criminal penalties. In Massachusetts, another proposal would require storage of semi-automatic rifles at government approved storage depots. And, in the State of New York, congressional representatives have already passed legislation that requires registration of every semi-automatic rifle and reduces maximum magazine capacity to 7 rounds of ammunition, and Governor Cuomo has floated the idea of gun confiscation.
Now, in what is sure to be a growing trend across the entire country, New York gun owners are organizing a resistance against what many believe to be the most, “brazen infringement on the right to keep and bear arms anywhere in the nation,” according toThe New American:

Preparations are already being made for mass resistance.
“I’ve heard from hundreds of people that they’re prepared to defy the law, and that number will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands, when the registration deadline comes,’’ said President Brian Olesen with American Shooters Supply, among the biggest gun dealers in the state, in an interview with the New York Post.
Even government officials admit that forcing New Yorkers to register their guns will be a tough sell, and they are apparently aware that massive non-compliance will be the order of the day. “Many of these assault-rifle owners aren’t going to register; we realize that,’’ a source in the Cuomo administration told the Post, adding that officials expect “widespread violations” of the new statute.
Threats of imprisoning gun owners for up to a year and confiscating their weapons are already being issued by governor’s office, headed by a rabid anti-Second Amendment extremist who suggested before the bill passed that “confiscation” of all semi-automatic rifles was being considered. If tens or even hundreds of thousands of otherwise law-abiding citizens refuse to comply, however, analysts say New York would either have to start raising taxes and building a lot more prisons, or give up on the scheme that experts say will do nothing to reduce violence and that lawmakers say is aimed at eventual confiscation.
Activists involved in the state-wide boycott against the unconstitutional statute who spoke to the Post almost taunted authorities, saying gun owners would essentially dare authorities to “come and take it away.”

According to the paper, leaders of some of the state’s hundreds of gun clubs, dealers, and non-profit organizations, citing the New York Constitution’s guarantee that gun rights “cannot be infringed,” are currently involved in organizing the resistance. Among the primary concerns is that, with registration, authorities would know where to go for confiscation, an idea already proposed openly by Governor Cuomo himself.
“They’re saying, ‘F— the governor! F— Cuomo! We’re not going to register our guns,’ and I think they’re serious. People are not going to do it. People are going to resist,” explained State Rifle and Pistol Association President Tom King, who also serves on the National Rifle Association board of directors. “They’re taking one of our guaranteed civil rights, and they’re taking it away.”
Opponents of the right to bear arms, take heed. The American people know what you’re up to and they will not stand for it.
The resistance has begun.

This entry was posted in Christian, US Politics. Bookmark the permalink.
Von says:

Wow, that’s what I was seeking for, what a data! existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this web site.

Hellen says:

Superb blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely confused .. Any recommendations? Appreciate it!

Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask.

Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring
a blog article or vice-versa? My site goes over a lot of the same topics
as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you’re interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!

desk space says:

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people about this topic, however, you seem like you know what you’re
talking about! Thanks

What’s up everyone, it’s my first visit at
this web site, and paragraph is really fruitful in support of me,
keep up posting these types of posts.

I for all time emailed this weblog post page to all my contacts, for the reason that
if like to read it then my friends will too.

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this site daily,
this site is in fact nice and the visitors are in fact sharing nice thoughts.

I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else experiencing problems with your site. It appears like some of the written text within your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This might be a problem with my web browser because I’ve had this happen before.
Appreciate it

Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work and coverage!

Keep up the terrific works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to our blogroll.

This is a great along with helpful little bit of information. I am content that you just embraced this helpful information and facts around. Make sure you keep us up to par like this. Many thanks for sharing.

Kyoko Kahle says:

One major benefit of online advertising is the immediate publishing of information and content that is not limited by geography or time. To that end, the emerging area of interactive advertising presents fresh challenges for advertisers who have hitherto adopted an interruptive strategy.;::*

View all of the newest article at our personal web page

Brett Allen says:

A government large enought to give you everything you want is also large enought to take everything you have.

Moises says:

Links with Google Juice are those that are placed in publicly viewable profiles on High PR Page Rank sites.
Plus you will find many exact matches. It is highly unlikely that you will want
to share anything that wasn’t helpful, right?

Here is my website :: Moises

Joseph Sandino says:

Dessert is the usually sweet course that concludes a meal. The food that composes the dessert course includes but is not limited to sweet foods. There is a wide variety of desserts in western cultures now including cakes, cookies, biscuits, gelatins, pastries, ice creams, pies, pudding, and candies. Fruit is also commonly found in dessert courses because of its natural sweetness.`.

Check out the most popular post at our own blog
<a href="http://www.caramoanpackage.com/caramoan-package/

Rex Brank says:

In some countries, especially those with small numbers of animals being milked, as well as harvesting the milk from an animal, the dairy may also process the milk into butter, cheese and yogurt, for example. This is a traditional method of producing specialist milk products, especially in Europe.`,

With kind thoughts
<a href="http://www.caramoanpackage.com/caramoan-tour

No dairy paleo diet chocolate Style alternative coconut or almond oil and pour the banana mixture
into this. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl, andpour the orange juice over the fruit.
A LOT Enjoy and it just NEVER seems to happen.

Delicious, Savory Nutritious Mother Nature Recipes Low Fat, Low Carbs Gluten, Dairy,
Soy and Preservative Free. This delicious dessert also makes a great journalist?
The invite doesn’t offer up too many clues as to what this diet truly entails. Dried from coconut meat.

my weblog – paleo salmon recipe

Тhe pгemium’s obviously on the beach or business within a block or 2 of it then I would suggest that they learn how much they cost. When you buy popcorn at a business ballpark, fair grounds, amusement park? The most reliable method of determining the cash balance is based on the ratio of negative-to-positive reviews online, and endeavors to offer its perpetual-license model for the company. This could be the most secure Linux/Unix distributions available.

Here is my web page internet marketing video

Chris McClelland says:

They *want* people to revolt. This has been the Obama administration's goal from day 1. Make a violent uprising happen because it's a win-win scenario for Obama. The idea is to get people to react violently. This way, they can lock down America to stop the insurrection. However, this *isn't* enough to make martial law remain. The whole driving point is…to permanently nullify the constitution.
SO…now, with insurrection happening, all patriots, constitutionalists, gun owners, preppers, etc…are all labeled as domestic terrorists. It is THIS that gives them the control they seek because now, a very somber Obama can come out and state that,'the constitution and elections will be suspended until the war on terror is officially declared over'. Of course, this admin will *never* allow it to be ended and with that ends out constitution. Forever in a suspended animation state. Our conny's nullified and Obama reigns king of America for life. They planned this VERY well and that is why *not* revolting is the most important thing that can be done. America must not go to violence for it is that violence that will be the conny's death.

As a resident of upstate New York and a gun owner I want to encourage all fellow New Yorkers to resist these new laws. The majority of our county governments and sheriffs stand with us in opposition. And for all New Yorkers, and those from across the country and world that may see this, boycott this state, if you have the opprotunity to buy merchandise or services elsewhere, or are deciding on a place to vaction, do so elsewhere.

Daniel Zukowski says:

Quite frankly when they come to get my gun they better be ready to pry it from my cold dead hand. The real criminals love this because they will still be buying their throw away guns on the black market while we (law abiding citizens) are all treated as criminals.

It will be a cold day in hell before I give up my gun to ANY government.

When NJ Gov Florio got his "assault" weapons ban, there was roughly 1% compliance, the law was overturned two years later.

Edward James says:

The citizens of New York would be better off in the long run if the showed up in force and dragged tat commie Como out of the state house and had a trial on the front steps then hung him as an example to those that would try to destroy the constitution. Tried by a jury of his peers by a judge appointed on the spot by the citizens of New York since the government has become corrupt we need to take the power back as permitted by the same constitution.

The authorities will come after you individually. I pray and hope that who those unfortunate people are that they can convince the powers that be that its going to cost them dearly and that the state backs away from this.

Barbara Vandeventer Hoerath says:

A frickin governor can't change the constitution. Nailnhim fir treason! He works for we the people. He only answers to us, not us answering to him!!!! Bring a suit against him and remove him from office.

Sherry Burgess-Joe Dorzweiler says:

Arizona has passed a law any federal law enforcement interfere's with the 2nd admendment they are subject to arrest.

Sherry Burgess-Joe Dorzweiler says:

The kick back has started.

I will stand with and support my brothers and sisters in NY. Registration and Confiscation are futile.

Matt Kaylor says:

I will not register my guns, it is none of the governments damn buisness what I own, If they come for what I have I will give em the ammo first. I know I may die resisting the government, if I die I want to go out in a big pile of spent brass.

Johnny Villanueva says:

New Yorker need to remove their Governor.

Archer Bunker says:

Wow and Bravo. We just subscribed to follow your posts. I look forward to them. One thing we've started doing is creating solid logical and factually backed tidbits to help others educate those on the fence why the 2A is our friend. Take a look and I hope this helps. Feedback always welcomed. http://muzzlefront.com/3rd/

These politicians are out of touch. Do they realize that 75%+ of modern firearms hold more than 7 rds?
I am in MN and an almost exact bill as this NY one has been introduced the 1st of this month. H.F. 241, 242 and 242 need to be struck down! These out ouf touch people are going to turn 100,000 people into felons by the end of this year. How many more in the next 20? Way to look out for your average citizen. I guess making my children safe at school? Is more important than alowing me to keep them safe when they're not at school.

I can't even leave my guns to my children when I pass away? Are you kidding me!

John Jordan says:

If you register a gun of any type with these people, there will be a list for various dicrimination policies. IRS audits, no jobs, traffic violation harassment, school kids failing, the potential is limitless.

Bob Millar says:

Jail them.

Alan Smith says:

Yes this is more than likely A way for obuthead to declair marshal law. There is A very large BUT in there. The only way you can work marshal law is with the US millatery backing you up. You will see up to 80% of the millatery deserting their post before you can get the gun grab in motion. That's 2 million members of the millatery mixxing with 75 MILLION gun owners. Trying to use this to declair marshal law will FAIL BIG TIME.

I've been shooting since I could walk and years of military training.. I can still drive a nail from 300+ yards. ;)

I wish the NRA would be more outspoken than they are why don't they take out newspaper adds exposing some of the lies these so call control advocat jackasses are trying to stir up public resentment for owning a gun. When Australia took away over 650 thousand guns the crime rate jumped dramaticallly. murders up 19% robberies and home breakins up as well the bad guys are having a field day knowing law abiding citizens are helpless to defend themselves.There are not enough police to help defend the public against the bad guys. here is another fact when Germany went to war against England there were not enough weapons for the citizens of that country and they asked us the citizens of the United States to donate our guns to help them to defend their homeland.They proclaim guns are bad well what about cars would not a car driven by drunk drivers be classified as a weapon. The death rate of those killed by drunk drivers each year far exceeds the death rate of those killed by firearms should we take away the cars of drunk drivers they tried that in New York some time ago but I have not heard of any cars be confsicated by law enforcement. Now Mr Mayor and Mr Governor you don't have to worry about guns you have a bodyguard who follows you around you can safely walk in Central Park at 9PM at night but not us citizens who only have our legs to help us run away. At 74 yrs old iam to old to fight and to old to run away that's why I moved from New York to South Carolina.I live in a community where most of us are senior citizens and we are surrounded by 74 thousand acres of forest we have over 2000 people living here buy we have no breakins or assults as most all us have a gun. The bad guys know this so they don't come here.I would not take any joy in having to use my gun to take someones life but if need be I will defend myself. Our constitution mandates that we defend ourselves.
against those who would take away our liberty be it foreign or domestic. The founding fathers have said we must be watchfull of government that would try to do just that.
In Germany they demanded that guns be turned in or face prison.
Germany did just that and Adolf Hitler had no trouble ruling that country. Over 50 million people died from that war, what would have happened to Hitler if the people had their guns and rose up against that mad man? a final foot note does anyone know how many people are killed by doctors who make bad call or botch surgeries its way more than guns and they only have a scalpel.To those who would worry about me and my guns you have more to worry about the politicians you elect to office.

In Germany they demanded that guns be turned in or face prison.

Sonja Sharp says:

How many of the citizens of the United States are going to actually put their money where their mouth is? I will. Will YOU?

Jay Flanagan says:

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them."

– Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story of the John Marshall Court

Steve Harper says:

Frank Prorock · Top Commenter · Kaplan College.
I with Frank:

I'm from SO, JERSEY , NEW YORK , I will come to you and stand aside you , first the 2nd next the 1st , it must stop now,.

Randy Odegaard says:

ALLRIGHT! Residents of the state of New York, KUDOS to you for your will to stand against oppression and the illegal registration and eventual confiscation of your firearms. I would like to see just what that communistic governor and mayor bloomberg will do when the people say NO to their extremist and illegal demand of registration and the confiscation of firearms. This may devolve into blood being shed and I fear that if that happens there will such an uprising among the people that the governor and mayor will have to go into hiding for the rest of their miserable lives from the people because they will end up like mussolini in WWII. We must stand up to these liberal and illegal people when they call for the enslavement of the people with their registration and eventual confiscation schemes. Especially these people who call for the people to be disarmed when they have all kinds of ARMED protection around them all the time and those have automatic weapons, something we can't even have at all. They will rue the day they thought they could push around their people and thinking that the people would succumb to their outright illegal calls for disarming those very same people. Long Live the Revolution to take back our country! NEVER EVER GIVE UP YOUR GUNS, REMEMBER FAST AND FURIOUS, ABOLISH GUN FREE ZONES AND ABORTION ON DEMAND!

This is really great, laws do nothing to effect the unlawful but now have made law breakers out of honest citizens who choose not to comply.

Rick Rogoski says:

The redcoats are coming; the redcoats are coming.

Chris Pilot says:

Nobody gets convicted–JURY NULLIFICATION needs to be the next step. If you get on a jury for any anti 2nd Ammendment trial, VOTE TO ACQUIT!!! Pledge now to your fellow countrymen that attacks on our rights will not stand.

Ar Cr says:

Great point

Cheryl Rossi says:

Wouldn't it be interesting if many, many gun owners left the state & went to one that still respects the 2nd Amendment? What would the libs do with the loss of all the tax revenue…

Mario Gandolfo says:

CUOMO NEEDS TO BR TRIED FOR TREASON AGAINST THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN CITIZENS..HE IS HATED BY ALMOST EVERYONE IN NEW YORK CITY AND NEEDS TO FADE AWAY UNDER THE COMMUNIST ROCK FROM WHICH HE CAME FROM..HIS AGENDA IS QUITE CLEAR"HE IS DOING THIS IN ANTICIPATION OF HIS 2016 BID FOR THE PRESIDENCY"……

Mario Gandolfo says:

RISE UP NEW YORKERS..MARCH ON ALBANY NEW YORK FEBRUARY 8TH IN COMPLETE DEFIANCE OF MR.CUOMO'S TYRANNICAL LAWS CONCERNING GUN CONTROL….https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=413830928697754&set=a.411389025608611.95978.410873532326827&type=1&relevant_count=1

Mario Gandolfo says:

The resistance has begun.

Militia Act of 1903.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jump to: navigation, search.

The Militia Act of 1903 (32 Stat. 775), also known as the Dick Act, was initiated by United States Secretary of War Elihu Root following the Spanish–American War of 1898, after the war demonstrated weaknesses in the militia, and in the entire U.S. military. The act formulated the concept of the National Guard and also ensured that all state military forces were simultaneously dual reservists under the authority of the Army Reserve. This last measure was to prevent state governors from using National Guard forces as "private armies", in many ways as had been done in the American Civil War and to ensure that the President could not, at any time, mobilize state military forces into the federal armed forces.

[1]The three classes H.R. 11654 provides for are the organized militia, henceforth known as the National Guard of the State, Territory and District of Columbia, the unorganized militia and the regular army. The militia encompasses every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45.

The National Guard Militia can only be required by the National Government for limited purposes specified in the Constitution (to uphold the laws of the Union; to suppress insurrection and repel invasion). These are the only purposes for which the General Government can call upon the National Guard. Attorney General Wickersham advised President Taft, “the Organized Militia (the National Guard) can not be employed for offensive warfare outside the limits of the United States.”.

U.S. Senator Charles W. F. Dick, a Major General in the Ohio National Guard and the chair of the Committee on the Militia,[2] sponsored the 1903 Act towards the end of the 57th U.S. Congress. Under this legislation, passed January 21, 1903, the organized militia of the States were given federal status to the militia, and required to conform to Regular Army organization within five years. The act also required National Guard units to attend 24 drills and five days annual training a year, and, for the first time, provided for pay for annual training. In return for the increased Federal funding which the act made available, militia units were subject to inspection by Regular Army officers, and had to meet certain standards.

The increase in Federal funding was an important development. In 1808 Congress had allocated $200,000 a year to arm the militia; by 1887, the figure had risen to only $400,000. But in 1906, three years after the passage of the Dick Act, $2,000,000 was allocated to arm the militia; between 1903 and 1916, the Federal government spent $53,000,000 on the Guard, more than the total of the previous hundred years.

With the increase in Federal funding came an increase in paperwork and bureaucracy. Before the passage of the Dick Act, militia affairs had been handled by the various bureaus of the War Department, as the subject dictated. But the 1903 act authorized, for the first time, the creation of a separate section responsible for National Guard affairs. Located in the Miscellaneous Division of the Adjutant General's office, this small section, headed by Major James Parker, Cavalry, with four clerks, was the predecessor of today's National Guard Bureau.

This section remained under the supervision of the Adjutant General's Office until War Department Orders on February 12, 1908 created the Division of Militia Affairs in the Office of the Secretary of War. The act also provided for "necessary clerical and official expense of the Division of Militia Affairs." Lieutenant Colonel Erasmus M. Weaver, Jr., Coast Artillery Corps, assumed duties as the division's first Chief. An increasing volume of business meant more personnel, and the four clerks had by this time increased to 15.

The Division remained a part of the Office of the Secretary of War until July 25, 1910 when the Chief was directed to report directly to the Army Chief of Staff. The Division continued to perform under the direct jurisdiction of the Chief of Staff until the passage of the National Defense Act of June 3, 1916. Then the Division of Militia Affairs became the Militia Bureau of the War Department, under the direct supervision of the Secretary of War.

The Militia Act of 1903 was indirectly used by the Executive Branch of the government during Civil Rights demonstrations during the 1960s. Many southern governors, chief among them George Wallace, attempted to use National Guard forces to block civil rights and desegregation initiatives. In these cases, whenever a governor called up the National Guard for use in blocking federal directives, the President promptly mobilized the Guard into the Army Reserve, placing the Guard commanders under federal authority, and subject to court martial should they not carry out executive directives.

While some cite the passage date of HR 11654 as June 28, 1902, others state January 1903. [3] [4]

[edit] References

Tim Layne says:

Government serves the PEOPLE. The PEOPLE do NOT SERVE THE GOVERNMENT! The WILL of the PEOPLE is the LAW. Every law abiding citizen in New York I encourage you all to march on your capital and demand that you be arrested before you allow your rights to be further infringed. I urge calm reason in this trying time. I urge you all to use the power of the People being united as one voice. They can not arrest you all. They can not enforce something that the people refuse to abide by. Allow them to arrest you if they dare. Do not give them a reason to try to put martial law into effect. We still have legal discourse we can make every effort to take legal action and sew all of them into dust. All of you must unite to elect new leaders for your state who will not infringe on your rights, on our CONSTITUTIONAL rights. Start demanding the rights they have stripped away be RESTORED. Go on the offensive. The best we can ever hope to do defending is to survive until the next attack. We can not win unless we go on the offensive politically. Stand firm my patriot brothers and sisters. You are not alone in this. The voice of the People is rising all across this great land. Long live the Republic!

Marc W. Semones says:

New Yorkers, I'm from Houston and I stand with you!

Tom Gordon says:

I guess they really don't like their jobs on the hill. They keep messing around like this and someone will take the jobs from them and kick them out of our beloved country. LONG LIVE THE RESISTANCE!

The federal government needs defunded NOW! They are using our own money against us. I think every person and business should deal in cash or bartering only

Our nation has become a fascist dictatorship now bordering on totalitarian police state. We created this government to secure our rights, how did we end up so backwards. Remember how they cheered Hitler? Voted him into power? The pictures of him with children? His great speeches? Deja vu? They do seem to be pushing, and fast, but I don't think they want war. They want us to give up our rights, don't do it. Revolution may be the only answer I don't know but be ready and NEVER GIVE UP YOUR GUNS.

Mario Gandolfo says:

I have said it since 2005 and it is now happening..I was off by 1 year though..I said this would be happening in 2014,,,,,

Well folks, who voted for Cuomo? Who voted for Bloomberg? Who voted for Schumer? You get what you vote for New York. Keep up the good work. Best of luck living in that Marxist paradise.

Jeffrey Phillips says:

these are upstaters, I assure you. I don't think people realize…besides syracuse, rochester, buffalo n albany, upstate is like the freakin yukon territorys. every boy owns a shotgun and most serious gun hunters own semis. good luck with this one nys, it will not happen peacefully.

Scott Lucky LaCoursiere says:

Heres what I would like to know, exatly WHO is this idiot cuomo going to get to take law abiding citizens guns? I am in LE and I'll be damned if I am going to go out and take my neighbors guns from him/her! Even if they try to get the military, National Guard, to take them they are going to be met with the same resistance from within the ranks.

Edward James says:

Remington firearms needs to move out of New York post haste , Change the name from New York to New Zimbabwe.

Only the old people of this country understand it but all the young like myself don't really know. Is it a reality for us to go to war with our own government that is suppose to work for us.

Edward James says:

Resistance is never futile. Registration, confiscation, work farms, concentration camps gas chambers. In that order. Tyrants must be forced out if you are to live free. The end of freedom and personal liberty is here unless we act.

People you have to stop voting for these ignorant people. It's time to set them right. Do not give in. The whole country is behind you.

Chuck Wilson says:

Does Obama really want to be the second President in US history to preside over a civil war? Just wondering what others think about this.

Shawn O'Loughlin says:

This one would be all of his making.

Shawn O'Loughlin says:

Think, people. Who voted to pass the new anti-Constitution laws in NY? You need not fight the Police, Federal Agents, National Guard or the U.S. Military who don't even want to fight U.S. citizens. You know who voted for this and where they can be found. You can make sure they will not be running for office again. ;)

Toby Colley says:

Control what you eat by taking down local farmers, putting cancer causing fluoride in the bottled water you drink, Limiting our education system, controlling our media, creating war on this and war on that and taking away our guns, Educate yourselves America! This is just a small portion of the real big picture. They are making us dependent upon them for everything we NEED. This is the government you need to know. There is information everywhere if you have Netflix I erg you to watch Zeitgeist: Addendum and if you cant believe that watch Farmageddon. There are several films out there for you to watch and even more information on the internet to educate yourselves.

I'm in! I live in SW FL now but am a native New Yorker. Born in Cornwall, raised in Newberg for a while, then moved to W. Palm Beach, Fl. Moved to CT in '76, then at 16 moved to Brooklyn then Manhattan. Came here in 2004 but I'm ALWAYS A NY GIRL. I was a Paramedic/Firefighter for 22yrs & a 9/11 responder. I had a concealed weapons permit to carry in CT & NY. CT is a registry state. I'm getting my concealed weapons permit Thursday here in Fl so I can carry. We are a non-registry state….. FOR NOW! My husband is retired Navy Chief G, 21yrs, born & raised in NY. Queens & Long Island. Obama wants to take away their insurance too. He's a Vietnam Vet. No way is he allowing this guy to get away w/this. We r looking at Marshal Law!!

I have spoken with Marines. They all have said they will not stand for the government if they decide to do this nation-wide. The Marines take an oath to protect the constitution and their country from anyone who wants to destroy it, which means, that's right, they will defend the people and the constitution of the United States from the United State's own government. The resistance has begun, and I'm going to be on the side that has more than 7 rounds in a magazine!

Sam Anderson says:

If a civil uprising does occur…I truly hope the people that caused this to happen (Cuomo, Obama and all the others) are also in the line of fire!

Brad Black says:

Oklahoma supports the New York Gun Owners. PS…there are jobs and housing available in Oklahoma. We live in a state that supports the Second Amendment.

I have talked to several Military personel about firing on US Citizens. NOT no but HELL no. If I remember correctly the Military are US Citizens. Keep the faith and keep your guns. I know there are people who have close kin in the Military, I don't think for one minute that a Dad would shoot his on son or vice versa. Cuomo will not be reelected again.

Robert Downs says:

I doubt this is possible after all a year in prison? We can't afford the ones we house in there now and to push a law like that will make so many criminals I can't see happening, if something crazy like that did happen I would say lots of shots will be fired before it's all said and done.

Jack Blade says:

The Libidiots must want to start a Civil War in earnest? I don't know whether these Elitist Libturds realize this or not, but they are stirring up a lot more trouble than I think they even know and it's the kind of trouble that's contagious, like a virus, so it won't stop there! If the government be it State or Federal is stupid enough to send in troops to enforce or confiscate firearms it will start a Civil War! Law enforcement and troops will only go so far cause when the dying starts and they find themselves in the unenviable position of having to fire upon their own neighbors and even family members, most will refuse those orders? Then what? UN troops? It will turn into a bloodbath if the authorities try something like that and martial law won't do squat! Those 'authorities' whomever they are, had better have some other countries lined up to seek asylum in, cause when they lose, the people will come looking for them (State or Fed) to stand trial for treason among other charges! The Resistance has begun, kind of like when the Forefathers dumped Tea into Boston Harbor………..Live Free or Die!

We all must stand with NY Gun Owners on this infringement. We must be peaceful and active in our efforts. If "We The People" rise up, I concur with the first post on this, it will not end well for anyone and we will all be further vilified. Molon Labe needs to be the mantra amongst all who are being infringed upon!

Douglas Bradlow says:

I never thought I would live to see the day a revolutionary war would take place in my own country.I remember reading about this once in my history book when I was in school.I stand firm with my fellow Americans on defending our constitutional rights.We need to stand together we have to unite or we will be doomed.

Rick Rork says:

When all is said and done, these politicians will have no place to run and no place to hide.

Lauri Lane says:

And then comes martial law….. This is just the beginning. We cannot let them take our right to bear arms. Stand up America were the land of the free!

Mikki Mead says:

Stand up with New York. Once they start confiscating any guns they will not stop until they are ALL GONE, every last one. We MUST stand up against this tyranny and we MUST win…no matter the cost.

Luis Santoyo says:

Why is that anti-gun nut even governor of New York? If our rights matter so much, we have to stop electing the zealots that want to take them away! Of course, being from California, I don't have much room to speak since my Senator is just as much a liberty-hating, anti-gun zealot as Cuomo, but in my defense, I voted against her.

Sol D. Gross says:

Comes and takes them, asshole!

Bill Scott says:

The architects of our Constitution expected us to be tested. Who decides when the government becomes tyrannical? The 2nd Amendment is being challenged for a reason. Once it's out of the way, the rest will evaporate, and then slavery will return to America. Biden was right, "they going to put you all back in chains." My support goes to the front lines. Pray for New York.

I live in Missouri and that's not going to happen.

Brandon Pierce says:

I support those that live in New York. You have friends in Texas. Send a message to this scumbag of a governor. Who the hell does he think he is?

Chuck Wilson says:

Well fellow citizens, I hate to say I told you so, but WE voted these tyrants into office! Anyone who didn't see this coming is blind. From the politicians that spouted phony pro Second Amendment rhetoric to the ones that were openly anti Second Amendment, we put them there. They were all waiting for a convenient tragedy to exploit as an excuse to trample the rights of law abiding citizens, all in the name of "common sense" gun control laws, which is really just a catch phrase for disarming tens of millions of law abiding gun owners. Maybe next time we'll go into the voting booth with our eyes opened and get rid of these tyrants!

This is just what Hittler did.This is what NY Governor is doing. History does repeat itself!

It's sick what is being done here. I am tired of having rights taken away. Stand up and tell your state AND federal representatives to honor your rights, not take them away illegally!

Kim Goins says:

Not disobediance….just reminding gov that they are over stepping their bounds… Invasion of privacy as well as violating our constitutional RIGHTS.. Are we not Free People??

Andrew Symmons says:

You are free people, as a Brit,America needs to think about your kids as they are the ones paying the price for having guns. That is sad !!! obviously it is your choice…

Scott Sexton says:

this should have been done by every state by every law abiding citizen when they started making you get a license to carry a pistol. Right to "KEEP and BEAR arms" Not right to keep and bear long arms!

I live in Missouri and fuck them i will not register even bbgun

Matthew Berfield says:

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is Liberty!

Nick Brandt says:

Idea: Send them paperwork…lots of paperwork, filled out incorrectly and with wrong names and addresses and make it stacks and stacks of registration forms. Clog their system up so much that it falls apart.

So very proud of New Yorkers. The line in the sand has been drawn. Screw cuomo, bloomburg, obama bin ladin, and the rest of those who try to enslave the American people. Eneough is eneough. I stand with them as I think all my fellow Texans will. I will NOT register my firearms with the frds. And as far as confiscation, they can have my rifle, but only from the hot end!!!!!!! The revolt has begun!!!

Steve says:

Come & get em but u better bring the SWAT team and the Army! Bring that low life Cumo w/ u as well. Don’t thread on me!

Linda Sills says:

It is worse than you realize. The gun disarmament is to placate the Chi Coms..because pres Pantload has promised them all of our assets including oil, shale and some of our ports in lieu of the $$ we owe them. The Chinese will not come to do this, if we are armed. Stand and fight while there is still time.

Thomas Lee Warman says:

All the recent shootings are just a way to speed up gun control, an unarmed America is a defenseless America

Sammy Drury says:

Glad people are pulling their heads out of the sand!

David R. Berry says:

It's about time! Bring it!

Dustin Jones says:

Do not give in NY, there are millions of patriots in PA who stand behind you.

Here's the thing if they do set these laws where you habe to register these guns this place and that place. How is that gonna stop anyone from getting their hands on them. That fuck who shot those kids killed his mother and THEN took her assualt rifle…AR-15 and assualt rifles of those nature are meant for war. Not for hunting or target shooting etc. I don't agree with the common citizen owning those type of weapons, that's just my opinion….

Don Swancy says:

then by all means, Chris, feel free to register every gun you have with Cuomo's Gestapo. we wont stop you from being a fool.

Chris, its not about hunting or target shooting. Its about standing up to tyrannical govt. If we cant stand and protect ourselves against the govt when they try to take our rights away, then who is going too?

Not only should such laws be defied& disobeyed, anyone attempting to enforce such a law has declared themselves your enemy- and should be dealt with as such….let's just say they' d have their work cut out for them just to make it home intact.

Jennifer Ferguson says:

I'm curious, since Cuomo had to get this done behind everyone's back there was never a clause put in for an exception for police offices or military. It's one of the things that's been mostly pointed out by us legal gun owners. My question is are they going to start sending them to prison also since they are in violation everyday they put on their badge and go to work?

Tom Gordon says:

They should be. Nothing worse than hypocrites. Someone should do something about Cuomo. What they don't realize, if they push this much further, they will all lose their jobs and ensure people that run their path of life will never succeed for decades to come. Hopefully forever but that's asking too much.

John Flynn says:

Elections have consequences people. When you consistently vote for liberal crap in your state then you shouldn't complain and wonder how crap like this happens. Take your dang state back or move to one where we control our bleeding heart liberals.

Most UPSTATE NY'ers did NOT vote for Cuomo. we got the cities garbage thrown onto us.

Jimmy Usis says:

I believe Cuomo is as bad or if not worse than Obama, better yet he is worse than his old man Mario.

After all of the evidence of corrupt governments ordering gun registration then using that information for mass confiscation of private property, these clowns are complaining because we are on to their tactics and won't allow it to happen to us. Kim is right, and the DominoTheory is alive and well and working in NY state.

Susan Funk Furey says:

Why do you think they bought all of that hollow-point ammo? They are orchestrating this. Order through chaos. :/

Eric Dixon says:

I would refuse too. Another Civil War is brewing sadly. This continues I wouldn't be surprised if we had another revolution in the next year or so.

Dienekes Lacon says:

That silly bill in Missouri won't even make it out of committee. I do hope enough New Yorkers fight the absolute insanity of their assembley. If the courts won't strike down this legislation, then more drastic methods will need be employed.

Michelle Kearney says:

The rifle my 14 year old uses in ny to shoot turkeys(because she's too young to shoot deer) is illegal.

Ray Clark says:

Just let this be the start of taking our Country back. as we now know that government thinks they can and will destroy America as we know and Love it. The only way is the AMERICAN WAY!

Andrew Orphanoudakis says:

MOLON LABE…III% RESIST, DO NOT SURRENDER!

Iris O'Connor-Scott says:

we wont :-) regards from FL

Dagny Campbell says:

Hell yea!!Next time we vote we need to make better decisions regarding our rights and who is going to try to take them away.Obama and actually all of them need to be fired!!!Stand up America and refuse to be herded like sheep our safety and freedom is at stake!!!

Ashley SoSoft Flynn says:

add me

Ashley SoSoft Flynn says:

add me

Jeff Sharp says:

Put me in jail, feed me, teach me nothing, and ill still own , or get a weapon from my family and friends! Then, I will really be an Outlaw!!! Fools!

Alton Roe says:

I agree. I'm all for this.

Kevin Nichols says:

If they kick in your door, greet'em with lead! Molan Labe!

Henry Otis says:

It's just a shame how r Government is stripping All r rights as a humane being Away.
All Law abiding Citizen r Getting Screwed.
I need and will protect me and my Family no matter what anyone says.

EJ Bermudez says:

You should be careful what you post publicly about gun ownership. You may very well have registered yourself as a gun owner in the process.

Jeff Deimeke says:

Don't worry that bs won't fly here in Missouri, just another POS tryin to make a name for her dumbass self

Keith Coco says:

As a New Yorker let them try I'm not doing a fucking thing two obey any law on my rights it's none of there fucking business what guns I have

Larry Potts says:

Ben Franklin got it right 200+ years ago when he said "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Jack Layton says:

THEY ALREADY HAVE PRISIONS READY FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE fema PRISIONS UP AND RUNNING,,,

Susan says:

Next step: monetary rewards for tips that result in turning in your neighbor for owning a gun that is not registered.

Lucas Fegel says:

My prayers go out to you new york!

Charlie Miloro says:

United we stand divided we fall…its time to stand and stand tall….

Steve Hobbeslayladuke says:

cops and soldiers won't enforce this ban either – most cops are pro-gun and aren't going to violate the rights of citizens – FBI, ATF, etc, they will – local cops won't.

Tough times = tough actions. "We the PEOPLE……."

Frank Castle says:

You can come TRY and take my guns, ill give you the bullets first. I'm prepared to die protecting my 2nd amendment rights, are you prepared to die Trying to take them ?

Mike Sears says:

As a former Marine……I pledged my life then to defend the constitution and I will die by that pledge…………"MOLON LABE!"

WOLVINES!!!

Douglas Bradlow says:

WOLVERINES!!!!!

I don't have to register for the first, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, or tenth amendment, why do I have to register for the second?

This is another reason not too disarm NY hang tough.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." ( Admiral Yamamoto).

cumo and bloomberg pay attention

Gary Klindt says:

And with a rise in crime….we need our guns!

Gary Klindt says:

Just another way for NY to generate revenue…Fines and scrap metal….the police are too busy trying to generate "Revenue" that they can't fight crime….

Jason Dotson says:

Hold the line New York! And while your are at it, quit paying taxes!

Bobby Compton says:

Thank the Democrats for electing his ass

would someone please slap these damn journalist in their stupid head, and tell them the definition of an assault rifle, probably some pictures would help. designating every rifle and shotgun assault weapons is idiotic. semi does not mean fully automatic. get it straight for gods sake.

Tom Berry says:

If Il Duce Cuomo starts mass arrests for not registering banned firearms, he will end up validating what many have warned and predicted. It is the duty of every American to defy laws that blatantly violate constitutional rights.That applies to the entire Constitution. If the government succeeds with their gun bans, it will be only a matter of time before your other rights will be abridged. Many of the same people who want to take your guns are the same elected officials who would silence conservative talk radio and pass "hate speech" laws.

Belinda Summers says:

I so agree Tom…the very reason for the second amendment proves your point..it is the gift that our forefathers gave us so we have the ability to protect all of our rights

Jay Lopez says:

Good luck imposing martial law me and every soldier I know swore to uphold the constitution of the United States of America, against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC and we have NOT forgotten our oath! If the people fight! I and many others will fight BESIDE the People of the United States!!!!

And thats what makes me proud of our military, you fight for the people and stand up for those you swore to protect. Not just the govt.

Eddie Howell says:

FIGHT 4 YOUR RIGHT!

Tom Cahill says:

I am from Central New York. I am a gun owner, and a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment and further more New York's own Civil rights based off of the 2nd Amendment openly states that the people's rights to keep and bare arms CANNOT be Infringed. A firmer right than the 2nd Amendment. Albany and NY city democrats have crossed the line for the last time. I will not register, nor will I allow my guns to be taken. 1776 is going to be repeated in the History books starting in New York State, and eventually to over throw the Tyrannical US Gov't. Obama and Cuomo need to be Impeached as well as any other Assemblyman or Senator that supports such ILLEGAL laws. Let them come for our guns, they best bring lots of help and lots of Body Bags. Molon Labe!

Seriel D'Jinn says:

I say obey the Second Amendment and let them all have guns…but give them the guns that they had when the law was made cus those are the guns that the founding fathers made the law about. so take away all the hand guns and automatic weapons and give everyone their muskets back. HAHAHAHAHA

ar15's and the like are the muskets of this time. as are the handguns.

Rick Pfeiffer says:

Seriel does that mean we have to give up radio, tv, movies and the internet too since they weren't invented when the Constitution was written? Who has automatic weapons anyway?

Iam Paul says:

Its a damn shame our tax dollars cant be used to hire enough very brave proctologists to stick their hands up the dumb f-ing asses of ovomit, his entire administration and his fanatic minions and reach allll the way up into their heads and pull their sh** for brains back down and out their ass so they can see the actual cause of their f-ed up mindset! Even then, I wouldn't put much faith in that. :(

Chris Ogle says:

Don't worry us Military guys got your back I have n o problem killing people against America wether foriegn or domestic!

hey chris you standing with we the people…. or them the govt?

Douglas Bradlow says:

I think his message is clear he stands with the people of NY

Dallas Wood says:

The new Civil War commeth.

Danny Easterling says:

I congratulate and stand behind the New Yorkers who have the balls to fight.

i simply hope americans on there borders will send ammo food and water to them. remember what happen at waco.

Don DelSol says:

These 'executive actions' are in direct violation of all historical precedence within our Constitution… Congress has the power to simply refuse to fund them and it will be finished… checks and balances… the people have to demand this of their congressional reps and senators, the mid terms are closer than they might like…it is time to tell the Congress to grow up, get to work or be replaced by those who will…

Steve Price says:

my grandpa was in the service fought and was wounded in ww2 he was awarded several medals 2 of them were purple hearts ,,, everyone needs to wake up and stand up for your rites this is not a new york problem this is a american problem and I will say this if you think your mad about this on the east coast all of us on the west coast are just as mad ,,,, the general talk out here is if we are going doun ,,, were going doun swinging ,,,,,

Dave Sorensen says:

Cuomo is obviously a lunatic. The scale of the operation that itwould take to go door to door confiscating firearms is simply staggering, and many many LEO would never participate. This is going to be interesting.

Josh Workman says:

yeah well if they think they have problems with NY wait till they try Texas lol… but hell yeah I hope when people say no they mean it… because the A#% holes on the other side do mean it.

and if they try arizona there gonna see why its called the wild west out here.

Frank says:

These new gun laws will do the same thing as Marijuana prohibition. It will turn otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals, which will in turn grease the wheels of the criminal justice system. It will create revenue by way of locking up more people and building more prisons.

Jeremy M. Goodman says:

This brought a tear to my eye, there's hope for this country yet!

Sonya Cloyd says:

I see the state of Illinois strict gun laws have really eliminated the murders in Chicago area. Illinois does not issue licenses for the concealed carry of firearms, nor does it recognize licenses issued by other states. Illinois is the only state that does not allow concealed carry in some form. Open carry is also prohibited in most areas. When a firearm is being transported, it must be unloaded and enclosed in a case. More than 500 Chicago Murders in 2012. All of the elected officials and bureaucrats in the Windy City are Democrats and most are from the far Left fringe. There are no Republicans or Conservatives to blame. They have enacted the most unreasonable gun bans in the entire nation. In the first three months of the year, homicides ran about 60 percent ahead of the 2011 rate. Yeah Obama, the strict gun laws are fixing the murder rate in your "home town" congratulations!

Sonya Cloyd says:

New York, with a population of more than eight million, had 237 people killed by guns in 2012, for a rate of 2.9 gun homicides per 100,000 people. Compared to Chicago Population: 2.7 million, gun homicides in 2012: over 500 gun homicides per 100,000 people for a rate of 16.4.

well chicago ain't done they had 36 for this month alone. and it ain't over yet. there at a pace to break there record.

Well, for now, the NYPD has this "Stop and Frisk" thing going…which has supressed the number of ILLEGAL guns on the street. On the other hand, in Chicago, the Mayor asks the gangbangers to be more careful whom they shoot. How's that working out, Rahm?

As an aside, there appears to be NO effort to make it harder for the mentally ill to obtain firearms. I guess inanimate objects are jsut easier to demonize.

Deadman Walking says:

Ronald Finkelstein; Define mentally ill? Change the wording to read anyone who likes guns, or has seen combat or expressed his hatred for this administration and loving his country . . . And you and I would be labeled mentally ill. And most doctors are of the liberal bent also. "shall not be infringed" and leave it the hell alone!

I am so proud right now too be from New York!

lock and load wagners stand strong.

Eric Goodman says:

I will not comply SIR!

Betty Thornburg Philips says:

You go New York residence! If Egypt can have fighter jets "given" to them from the president & he approves of that then the US citizens can own their own choice of weapon without being registered! Muslim brotherhood hates us, says we are descendants of monkey's & pigs! Yet Obama thinks that's okay & gives them Billions of dollars to fight their own citizens! Something fishy is going on behind doors now days! But the innocent US citizens are being punished instead? Crazy world we live in now!

people have to stop paying the federal govt there taxes ….its all about the almighty buck in washington take away the cash and you stop them in there tracks.

Betty Thornburg Philips says:

If Everyone would do it. But that won't happen.

Betty Thornburg Philips says:

I knew this was coming, Obama is "trying" to decide whether to help out Syria. He thinks he is fooling us but he fully intends to help Syria fight their citizens as well. Remember the Islamic faith plans to take over the world. (apparently Obama is helping them to accomplish this) Just my opinion. you don't have to agree with me.

James Hickerson says:

"…will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands…"Thousands and tens of thousands, mMy foot! There are 80 million of us.

i think they mean in new york.. state of

I cant speak for all New Yorkers, but I have collected military firearms for over 30 years , as far as turning them in, like I am in some Nazi control country, hardly think so. I will not be told what I can own or possess by some a-hole governor.You want them Cuomo come and get them.I am an american not a jew in Nazi Germany, we fight to the last shell and our last breath.

Bill Porter says:

well spoken stephen i will be right there with ya

Randy Parker says:

I wonder how far people are willing to really go though. Prison? Shoot outs?

Keith Henry says:

They will have a real problem they start there crap here in the south , every one here is armed to the teeth. and no one here will ever give up there guns!

ammo …ammo… and more ammo boys and girls…… and what ever happens stay "as one"

Tom Grosh says:

Together we stand as AMERICANS and THEY WILL NOT PREVAIL!

Diana E. Ramirez says:

You can't take away a natural right, self defense is one of these. The second amendment is just our assurance via a contract that the government can't tell us how to defend ourselves. We can give a natural right up but NO ONE can't take it away. Cuomo and liberals, as in my adopted state of Texas: Come And Take It. Molon La be.

Jim McKee says:

I would like to see the people of New York rise up and overthrow Cuomo. He violated the Constitution, and no longer has a legitimate claim to be governor.

Dan Proctor says:

I don't have an assult rifle! Damn I wish I did. I wouldn't be regidstering it.

better get one quick dan

Kevin P Davis says:

sold out across the nation….Unless ya have big buck's..den ya can find 1..lol

Nick Bratt says:

you can get a stripped AR-15 lower right now for a few hundred bucks and build the rest later over time… the lower is the part considered to be the (weapon) the part that won't be sold anymore if they are banned…. the rest is just considered "spare parts" and aren't controlled….

Shawn Best says:

To hell with those in OUR government. Fight with all you have new york!

Lets bring back execution by hanging or firing squad!
What's wrong with our judicial system? Get these violent criminals processed & off the streets for good. Y/N

Russell Larson says:

……
"Appeasement is like feeding a crocadile in the hope that it will eat you Last ".
~ Winston Churchill.

Perry Fillion says:

I have a few guns. I ain't king up anything. Not a round, nothing.

Adam Fillion says:

It's a shame that federal laws are being ignored. Our government ignores laws when it benefits them.

Just utterly disgusting behavior.

Adam Fillion says:

Just utterly disgusting behavior.

John Pop says:

don't back down, until they give. no registration, don't pay taxes, don't give in…
it does not have to be violant but just a total refusal to comply.

Russell Larson says:

—– ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ——

Roger Yarn says:

Right to keep and bear arms= Constitutional right. Registration and confiscation of said arms = rogue government. It is as simple as that.

Jason Waz says:

Let the games begin.

Mark Quon says:

If this Trial Balloon falls flat we stand a great chance of riding it out. On other fronts, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke has urged the citizenry to arm themselves and get trained for self protection since the cops are not sufficient. Also, the Utah Sheriffs Association has come out in open defiance while AZ plans to pass laws prohibiting enforcement of Federal gun laws. Keep up the defiance, people.

Gwen Hasting says:

I love it. GOOOOOOOO New York…..every state will be standing right beside you.

Randy Darrah says:

When the Secret Service disarms, and when Obama's kids go to school with no armed bodyguards like the rest of the kids in this country do, then I would think about giving up my gun.

never happen randy and i still wouldn't disarm. never never never let them tell you when ,where and IF you have a right to defend yourself.

This is probably the beginnig of what is comming!

Mark Quon says:

Way to go, NY! If.gov is facing this much opposition in the NorthEast, just think how difficult it will be for them to try and pull off these schemes in AZ, NM, ID, and all part of the South? Like amny of y'all have said, we need to stand by these resisters.

Eddie Lane says:

I have an idea, lets move all the people who don't want us to have a gun to a city like say, New York. That way dipstick coumo can govern all the idiots like him. Plus it would be a great social experiment, all the criminals will probably move there too because no one will have a gun to protect themselves.

Luther Willis says:

Wasn't that a movie, Escape from New York.

Luther Willis but they simply turned cities into prisons by surrounding them with walls and wire. it was also done in france in WWII by the nazi's.

A lot of them have already moved to Chicago, where another 5 people were muredred this weekend. I have a feeling that "gun control" only controls the law abiding gun owners. But as Dennis Miller says, "I could be wrong."

Stand strong fellow Americans. Half the country gets it, the other half doesn't have a clue.

Jay Pratt says:

Or a gun.

Kevin P Davis says:

WOW.about time…I'm in just say when were will be there..& they'll have to pry my gun's from my cold dead fingers…..(^^^).

LOCK AND LOAD BOYS, SHITS ABOUT TO GET DEEP…

get ready for the pucker factor to go up.

Gary Christopher says:

Alia iacta est!

Bill DeShong says:

Bless their hearts!

Jeff Horton says:

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain Parker April 19th 1775.

outstanding capt. horton. who side do you stand on?

Mike Ivey says:

Good for you New York! While you're at it, tar and feather cuomo and bloomberg.

David Davenport says:

locked and loaded looks like a cival war on the horizon….

David Davenport …no question about it and the people of this nation were right to buy everything they can.

Good, let them not register their guns then they will all heave criminal records the the state can take all their guns. Problem solved.

Peter J. Manfra says:

How is that problem solved? Did you not take the Oath seriously when you joined the Military?

kenny dances for his master begs for a scrap, your an embarrassment to the uniform, the first to go traitor

Mark Koskenmaki says:

Solved? What, precisely, is the problem? The problem, your poor ignorant twit, is that the government is violating the people, not the other way around.

Larry E. Sibley says:

Just exactly whose military are you a member of? We didn't allow neo-marxist scumbags in the United States Military that I spent 23 years in. We took an oath to Protect and Defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic. There is no expiration date on that oath. You appear to be of the domestic variety, or domesticated by a traitor.

Larry E. Sibley says:

Iam Paul says:

Geee Kenny, sounds like you want it to go down like that. Lawful, law abiding gun owners made into outlaws by a corrupt government with the stroke of a pen because governor culo says it will be so, then IT WILL BE SO whether already law abiding gun owners LIKE IT OR NOT? Problem solved??? They didn't ask for this problem, it was forced upon them and their lawful rights infringed upon! What part of that are you not getting???

Dennis Lee says:

huhn is a commie

Sheila Dickey Hadley says:

you sir, are an embarrassment to the uniform, the same uniform both my sons wear…shame on you…God help you!

Bill Sanders says:

You sir are an embarrassment to the uniform!! TRAITOR

Tim Morrow says:

Staff Sergeant,You have obviously forgotten your Oath of Enlistment. Let me remind you: "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the CONSTITUTION of the United States against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC; that I will bear TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, ACCORDING TO REGULATIONS AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE.. So help me God." (CAPS ADDED FOR EMPHASIS).

You see Sergeant, I took a very similar oath myself as a commissioned officer. But unlike you I intend to KEEP my oath. I take very seriously the fact that this oath is not to a person, nor a government, but to a document. One which embodies the ideas that this nation was founded upon. One that places freedom and the rights of the individual above the power of government to unjustly take them away, arbitrarily and capriciously, for the sake of furthering the power of those entrusted with safeguarding our freedoms i.e. our elected officials. There has always been another group present, who by their sacrifices have done far more than any politician to secure the precious freedoms enumerated in that document of which I speak. It is both disgraceful and saddening that you choose to disgrace those who have given their lives for this nation while in uniform by propagating an opinion that is obviously counter to your oath while representing yourself in a military uniform (Btw you desperately need a DAM HAIRCUT!!).

You and I both know that no service member is required to follow an unlawful order. And any order in direct contravention to the Constitution would, without ANY reasonable doubt, be unlawful and therefore illegal to follow. So you have no recourse to the lame excuse that you were " under orders." I am therefore going to speak clearly and directly to you at this point Staff Sergeant. Pull your head out of your "fourth point" and screw it on straight. Use it for something other than a "hat rack" and recognize where your duty lies. On several different occasions, you voluntarily and WITHOUT MENTAL RESERVATION took an oath that you will at some point be held accountable for. You had best reexamine your opinions and what you represent in light of that SACRED OATH!

out-fucking-standing tim morrow. hey tim isn't wearing that uniform while representing yourself a crime? i think i recall a man doing something similar at a school standing guard that got hammered for something along those lines.

EJ Bermudez says:

Wow Kenneth, what other liberties are you willing to give up for other American citizens?

I would die for 2nd amendment.

Peter J. Manfra says:

Prove it.

EJ Bermudez says:

Troll

Pat Connors says:

Tighten up your ball sack america here they come.

Stay strong NY fight the good fight

Bill Durgan says:

Cuomo…..Stand Down

Iam Paul says:

Cuomo is a culo!

Tim Sullivan says:

Keep it up New York… True Americans have your back… That I promise you…….

Tim Sullivan says:

First the government trys telling us what kind of dog we can or cant have and now they are trying to dis arm us ……. Enough is enough time to fight back …. Take America back …

Brenda Glass says:

How do we have their backs? What are we doing? I'm serious about this. Ee can say it but what's the plan? I'm a Texan far from NY. How are we gonna help them? I am worried for their safety and freedom from unlawful detainment.

Bob Harless says:

We've got your back Patriots of New York.

Brian Bell says:

The last one started in New England, why not this one. Remember Captain John Parkers words New York.

White Rabbitt says:

If the article is true… Well… hope the resisters aim is true and that they remember to target the head and neck. ;-)

with a high powered rifle with optics center of mass is close enough

White Rabbitt says:

Not if they, the confiscators, are wearing body armor.

Rick Klopp says:

We will not let this law take away our rights. NYC might have more population but not the back bone of western new york.

The line in the sand has been drawn.

Zarko Paul Radenkovic says:

What they don't realize is that – those police who think they are bad ass because they were brutally violating protesters and getting away with it, they should know those were peaceful protesters trying to be heard, know this, police are going to be on that hurting end of an American ass whooping cause you wont be dealing with peaceful protesters, you will be dealing with an armed American militia of WE THE PEOPLE…

makes me laugh ….. are those same cops/soldiers that i heard called "HERO'S" hero's anymore now that they aim to take away your rights? god i hate hero worship

Rick Klopp says:

We will not let this law take away our rights. NYC might have more population but not the back bone of western new tork.

Tommy Davis says:

The hell of it is, they say gun registration is prevent criminals from having guns. The truth is because of the 5th Amendment, felons cannot be compelled to register their guns because the state is forcing them to provide evidence against themselves.

Frank Prorock says:

I will back non-registration! After the tyranny in Austrailia, Canada tried firearm registration. Only half the citizens registered, and the government eventually gave up… being it too expensive to enforce. Come on America! We can do better than our neighbor to the north. "Zero Registration" and don't pay your taxes until the budget is balanced and an Amendment is in place. Civil Disobedienc.

Randal Phillips says:

Frank, you ROCK. If we all shut off the pump, the pond would dry up.

Tony Bowen says:

here's a theory. Everyone should claim 10 dependents on their w4. Squirrel away the tax money in a personal account, and pay their taxes at the end of the year. Gov't can't do anything about it and they would have to stop all spending!

Also remember them next election. My wife wants to go to NYC, but iI will never spend a penny in NY until the Constitution is honored.

David Lee Wampler says:

The whole "Government storage" thing was tried in switzerland and was immediately and overwhelmingly stuck down by the people. They'll never be able to take the guns away…it just won't happen…I'm not worried…
I believe the 1st and 2nd amendmets go hand-in-hand and that one protects the other and vice-versa. They would have to get rid of one in order to get rid of the other and I just don't think they can do it.

not provided you fight for both physically

Iam Paul says:

Believe me Frank, I already asked my employer about not having taxes taken out of my check, but laws have been put in place to keep that from happening. I've been sick of my taxes being wasted by those morons years ago and being one of the persecuted hard working tax payers that go to work day after day, week after week and still have to make do with less because of the feds irresponsible spending!

And to add insult to injury, that TRAITOR and ITS traitorous collaborators want me to have a "moral obligation" to pay the way of those that won't even f-ing work as well as the ones that are in this country "ILLEGALLY"!

I don't have a problem at all with helping PEOPLE with limited abilities and special needs. Thats what were supposed to do as human beings, but these lazy ass slugs with the mindset "They got a job, let them pay for it. They got money!" Wrong!! I WORK and EARN MONEY and after all taxes and insurance, I got damn little of that left over and then myself and other hard working tax paying Americans are told "We're gonna have to raise your taxes because of the TRILLIONS we've borrowed AND totally f-ing wasted on BULLSHIT PROGRAMS! Its your obligation because I'm POSBUCKETOVOMIT, the lord and savior of whats left of America and I'm narcissistic enough to know whats best for you all. Just ask me and I'll tell you as soon as my teleprompter is set up."

Last time I looked my obligation was to be accountable for my own action and take responsibility for my mistakes! Not some GD f-ing traitor politicians! I'm done now.

Tony- I already do it. No problems.

Troy Jacob says:

If you stop paying your taxes, how will you have a balanced budget?….If your government wouldn't start wars in all necks of the world, then you might have a balanced budget. They have trillions of dollars to spend on war but no money for education, no money for health care. And on the gun subject….well I think Chris Rock had it right on the money….charge 5000$ a bullet…now that would go a long way to curbing these mass shootings.

Holliday Doc says:

Tony Bowen IT WILL WORK ,FACT

Nick Gerol says:

Can I like more than once?

Steve Pomilia says:

thats right,they all must go

Spike DeClue says:

How is the debt ever going to be balanced without taxes?

Lisa K. Forester-Zeman says:

I like your profile pic! says it all!

Ray Clark says:

Tony Bowen Check again, they can and will fine you after three years for fraud .

Tony Bowen. sorry toney,they would just borrow more somewhere…

Sheila Hammer Roberts says:

Thus the 800 fully staffed FEMA camps or better described as "Readiness Centers" but are containment centers…that are complete and ready for law abiding citizens…. This constitutes treason against the people of this country and the constitution…Hang in there NY and do not give in!

Kim Gage says:

I believe they want people to rise up. They passed this in one area of the Country so the people will rise up and give them a reason to declare martial law! The rest of the Country needs to stand up along with New York! We cannot let them use New York to teach us all a 'lesson'! If one goes down the rest will follow!

Brenda Ryon says:

very valid point, they should also be looking at the registration of firearms it is so they know where all guns are so they can come and get them.

Rich Grogoza says:

I agree. The government wants this to happen so they can impose martial law. This is exactly what Obama's ulterior motive is. He will create the civil disobedience.

Tom Downey says:

He knows he can bankrupt the US, and when he does the welfare checks will stop, and there will be riots in the streets, and he doesn't want his 47% killed.

Gabe O'Campo says:

Brenda Ryon they already know where all the guns are. that was the purpose of the background check that has the serial number of any gun purchased on it. The administration is not going to do this by confiscation, they will go after people in other ways. I regret that the time has come when I have lost all faith and most regrettably any trust in out elected officials.

Chad Dobel says:

WE as a nation will rise up quit doubting this people!!!WE THE PEOPLE WILL RISE UP!!!!

George Michaels Sr says:

kim, you are correct – i have stated that for yrs – incite roits than you can declare martial law – i just hope the ameraican people wake up before it is to late

If the police and politicians and judges openly wage war (attack, imprison) citizens then they have to realize that will NOT be a one way tactical operation. If you become the enemy of hundreds of thousands of Americans then prepare yourself for the inevitable. The reason they WANT these guns is so we cannot defend ourselves from their attacks. This line in the sand cannot be crossed!

Steve Pomilia says:

you are 100% right,the gov,and cuomo have stated openly what their ultimate goal is.we must give these people our FULL support and backing,million man march,whatever,asap,this is not a test,they have put us in check,next is MATE AND MATCH

Steve Pomilia says:

Rich Grogoza EXACTLY,IT IS A REPETATIVE POKE IN THE CHSET WITH INSULT,TO SEE IF WE WILL JUMP OFF.

They would get a bigger fight than they could ask for. They would get a fight they could not control if they keep pushing this. I think they are underestimating the American people..

Scott Mann says:

Three Percenters will keep most of this from happening but will need support so be there when the time comes to help. We did it before with only 3% people. We can do it again if need be.

What is a "Three Percenter"?

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat…Fortune Favors the Brave

Dana Thacker Finn says:

Never thought of it like that.

Brenda Glass says:

Scott Mann u can't discount the Jews that financed our fight and the countries like France & others that came in to help. The colonists did not do it alone. But this time we are alone. We are hated. Obama has spurned our allies and bankrupt our country. We are actually alone in this battle & it will take much more than 3% involvement to defeat this blatant attempt to make us vulnerable easy prey to enslave. Ehy do you think interment facilities have been built in so many states under the guise of holding centers for illegal immigrants? I absolutely believe this gun grab is an intentional poke in the eye to us….the one that will cause the event that obama can use to declare martial law "legitimately ". Nothing about His Darkness is legit. Watch closely. New Yorkers are in danger and there will be a tidal wave of false imprisonment over this.

what a sad sad group of people you are

Gilbert Owens says:

WTG New York citizens! Hang in there. We support you!

Karl Merritt says:

Keep up the good work New York proud of them guys

Turrd Fergesun says:

In New York, if you have a Pistol Permit, Your handguns are already registered. If you purchased a long gun since 1994, your already on the list. Unless you buy a firearm in another State and bring it home Illegaly, you will be on the list. WE ARE ALREADY SCREWED!

Rufus T. Firefly says:

Just ask anyone that comes to confiscate a gun if they want to go home that day…….

Jerky Butler says:

We were screwed a long time ago. The generation of 100 years ago should have seen this coming and taken steps. The US Constitution has always throughout American history been there to protect the people, not the government, and freedoms have been slowly eroded during the 1900's, and are now rapidly disappearing. Americans should have taken steps to avoid this potential, hell probably epic disaster at many times during the 1900's but sat idly by as their freedoms were eroded. Now the time is ripe for freedoms not to be eroded but taken away outright, because our fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers failed to see what was coming, and if they did they did nothing to stop it. We are indeed already screwed… the government with little over 500 members in charge of protecting the constitution is not starting to be tyrannical, but has been slowly becoming tyrannical. Freedom was dying slowly, and bit by bit, but things reached the point of illegal government intervention – surveillance being the main one – many years ago. We were all taken as fools and have been for the most part unwittingly accepting it for decades.
Good on NY, and good on the rest of the nation who will now at this late hour finally wake up, even if it's akin to a child being spanked after being told repeatedly to do his homework.

http://www.rightwingsoup.com "7 is the new 30 at least where guns are concerned in N.Y."

Rick Klopp says:

I can only hope criminals will respect the new 7 round law.

personally i wouldn't see how it would matter. just tell the cops you had 7 in the mag after you shot the bastards. your legal…now :O)

This makes my heart feel good!

I guess there is some smart New Yorkers that use there brains instead of sitting on them…

Kathy – I'm sure they are not NYCers – must be up-staters. Like Illinois – Cook County and the rest of the state (the smart part).

Unlike the governor of the state and the mayor of NYC.

Seriously Pamela?!?! I can tell you that many "NYCers" are standing up for their 2nd ammendment rights. Good thing too, since NYC makes up almost half the states population.

Kevin Power says:

@Pam, Thats "Crook" county. ;)

Ken Fruh says:

After all the gang members have registered their guns, then the others will follow suit.

Sally – that's good to hear! Since they elected a guy like Bloomberg, it made me assume they like the government telling them what to do.

Ron Watson says:

This is as predictable as day following night. The Democrat party needs to back away from crossing the rubicon on this. Making laws that cannot be enforced makes a mockery of the concept of the law. Making laws that force otherwise law abideing citizens into felons is a recipe for disaster on an epic scale.

Janice Schneider says:

God bless and protect them….

George Schirtzinger says:

It is a sad thing for so many law-abiding people to become criminals by the stroke of a pen wielded by an ideologue. But such is life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The errant silliness of a would-be monarchy is how these United States came to be born. The errant collectivist desire, of government as the end-all, and the minders therein the new monarchy, to crush the proles…a rebirth of these United States may come to pass.

Rufus T. Firefly says:

If they want to make us criminals may as well make it worth while and act like criminals….

Russell Clayton Monroe says:

If there is a constitutional "pnumbra" of privacy relating to abortion that arises out of the First Amendment, I posit that the same right to privacy applies to gun ownership.

from time to time the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots……… and it looks like most govt hero's will do most of the bleeding if they push this war.

Lucas Fegel says:

To war my brethren! We shall overcome this injustice that is our corrupted govt!

BRAVO ZULU! and to gov. Coumo "UP YER A$$ with a rusty crowbar…."

Wes Wes Wes says:

Bravo New York! Hang Tough!

Kieran O'Hagan says:

Dandy Andy would do well to read up on history. The last time they came for Americans' guns, a very successful revolution was triggered. The government is on the losing end, no matter what.

that is true, but what would a revolution in this country leave us open to as far as other countries are concerned? Possiably a take over? it could be a bad situation either way. but we cant let the government have their way on this.

David Grudzinski says:

awesome read, and it instills some confidence that some AMERCIANSA STILL HAVE SOME BALLS.

Chris says:

Great write up.

Dan Hecker says:

GREAT piece, Amy! You've done it again!