Terry Bradshaw On Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson – The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Zach Brewer says:

It interest me that whenever ANYBODY disagrees with a person of special interest, they are immediately classified as being a bigot, full of hate, or ignorant. Fact is, most people don't agree with everything, all the time, and the question remains: People in these special interest groups often disagree with others yet are the ones that are quick to make an issue out of the situation. What does this say about them?
Well, it's not hatred, its a matter of belief. How can these people expect others to subscribe and support their beliefs if they are not willing to equally support others. Isn't that what equality is?

Or will would they rather things be unequal whereas they or others living their lifestyle are the only ones with rights?

How would they feel if a group of Strait Christian Men or Women demanded that they lose their jobs for posting a video, comment or otherwise expressing their beliefs or thoughts in support of Gays and Lesbians? Would this then be an issue of civil rights violations or would it simply be an issue of ignorance and hatred?

Sad thing is, I actually support Gay and Lesbian rights although I'm starting to think that Gay and Lesbian groups are full of bigotry and hatred my friend. It seems that over the past couple of decades I have seen more and more lies and attacks from Gays towards others in the name of Gay Rights then I care to remember. Quite frankly, I'm nervous writing this rant, as I am afraid that a Gay lawyer will fall down my chimney with a civil summons charging with with some ridiculous hate crime. (by the way, watch and see, it won't be long until they are making a fuss about Santa not being Gay)

Here's a question for our Gay and Lesbian Leaders: Why can't you encourage Gays and Lesbians to be tolerant of other people's views just as THEY (gays and lesbians) want others to be tolerant of their views?

Bruce Wood says:

Herman Reynolds You misspelled "liberals"! It is correctly spelled C-O-N-S-E-R-V-A-T-I-V-E-S, because there are NO SUCH THING in the republikkkan party anymore. There are simply various kinds of evil scumbags who ONLY care about screwing up the world even worse, stealing the pennies off blindmen's eyes, and cheating widows and orphans out of their life savings, in the name of "business". I'd be ashamed to belong to such a regressive group (it's definitely NOT a "party"!), but then, morals are no requirement, if you judge by the a******s who inhabit Wall Street, banks, and other republikkkan hangouts!

Bruce Wood says:

Rich Hersey Actually, I quoted Matthew 7:1-2. If I happened to WRITE Mark, which I cannot find evidence of, in ONE place (I made the SAME comment at least THREE times, on different posts), ANYONE who is familiar with the Bible–as should ALL Christians BE, after all–they'd have immediately recognized the reference. Looks like y'all wouldn't KNOW a "good" Christian, IF he stood up and revealed Himself! That's what's wrong with facilitating a POSER like Phil R–who is the ANTITHESIS of a "good" American, too! Good Americans are ACCEPTING, forgiving, tolerant and relatively intelligent. It sounds as if you twerps don't qualify. No surprise, when you're COMMENTING on a site called "gopthedailydose"! What, you NEED a regular infusion of BULLSH*T to stay "loyal"! What a load of hooey!

Bill Johnson says:

I agree with you 100%. We are all sinners, yet Jesus died for us. We are a work in progress which will be completed when we pass from this world. To forsake what God has planned for us is to reject him. To reject his son's sacrifice at the cross places the non-believer in eternal damnation. Yet to the one that asks God to forgive his sins and turns to acceptance of Jesus as his Lord and Savior, he will receive salvation. By God's grace we are saved. AMEN!

John Boyd . you are correct, but most left wing liberals dont think properly.

Terry Bradshaw is more entertaining now than when he was with the Steelers.

Brian Kinney says:

Phil never said he hated anybody!!

come on bro… we can have it televised and the money raised will go to the charity of the winners choice

and just to let you know… I am NOT a passive Christian, I will gladly step in the octagon with you anytime any place

Patrick Hickey says:

i'm glad that you're living the words of jesus…."let he who sins everyday cast the first stone at gays, liberals, and muslims."

nice work man.

yea, Christians don't be-head people and if the gays want to jump on someone try the muslims.. they believe gays should be put to death.oh that's right the muslims will fight back and liberals wont jump anyone that will stand up to them because they are cowards

Patrick Hickey says:

thanks for the prayers buddy! it must be very comforting to live with the delusion that you know the truth and are better than other people. enjoy that.

By the way, if you really think that your hateful religious beliefs should be the law of the land, there's a group called the Taliban that you should check out. They agree with you 100% on that count and I hear they're accepting new members.

Patrick Hickey I am praying for you, that God will give you understanding of his word and take away your anger and spirit of hate

Patrick Hickey says:

"I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent." Timothy 2:11

(hope no one's wife is a teacher!)

Patrick Hickey says:

Leviticus 11:10 “And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you.”

(no shellfish!)

Patrick Hickey says:

Leviticus 10:6 “Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.”

(hope you're all wearing hats!)

Brenda Young Jeter I do. I eat with or near him 2 or 3 days a week in Burbank at Bella Vista. Jay is a Libertarian Conservative with strong Anti-Obama leanings. Count on that.

Rich Hersey says:

Bruce Wood Uh, maybe because you quoted Mark 7:1-2

I sin everyday I never once said I don't, but I recognize my sin and try to do better

Catherine Allison England says:

Joe Gallagher

Todd Chester says:

Carolyn, that's exactly why I said take a look at his I Am Second video. Maybe you didn't read it correctly.

Bruce Wood says:

Charles Norris WHY are you quoting from MARK? I said MATTHEW 7:1-2, the parable about NOT JUDGING, and that YOU WILL BE JUDGED as you judge! Mark has NOTHING about that!

Ted Wiegand says:

Patrick Hickey It's in the new testament. Phil quoted I Corinthians. And it's not obscure, Jim. It's in multiple places in the NT. You can read Romans 1 as well. But why would you, you've already convinced yourself that the Bible is a joke, so you apparently live by whatever you want.
Christians aren't hating when we speak out about what is sin (which was what Phil was asked)
Is it hateful for me to say that it is wrong for someone to steal from you? Didn't think so. Sin is sin.

Charles Norris says:

Bruce Wood As if any of us, me OR you, are any better than him. That is one of the principle tenants of the Bible. Nobody is any better or worse than anyone else, God is the measuring standard and we all fall short.

Mark 7:1-2
1 Then the Pharisees and some of the scribes came together to Him, having come from Jerusalem. 2 Now when they saw some of His disciples eat bread with defiled, that is, with unwashed hands, they found fault. What does that have to do with anything?!?! By your logic we should ignore the men who followed Jesus and ignore anything they wrote and we should ignore Paul.

Bruce Wood says:

Charles Norris Like a LOT of losers, who GO OVERBOARD with drink, drugs, and sex, he "found" God. Except God wasn't "lost"–Phil was. Read Matthew 7:1-2, to BEGIN to grasp WHAT was WRONG with Phil's "redemption"! Then, GO BACK and READ the damned article yourself, so you can UNDERSTAND what exactly was WRONG about his blather! The man's been PANDERING to his audience, and his EGO got away from him! Serves him RIGHT to get fired. There is NOTHING remotely "American" about RACISM! Just because a bunch of IGNORANT hillbillies in the SOUTH can't GET OVER losing a war they SHOULD NEVER have fought, over OWNING PEOPLE, is NO REASON the rest of us should have to PAY for their stupidity! I say that, as a NATIVE Texan, and the DESCENDENT of SOME of those VERY same ignorant slaveowners, 150 years ago. My part of the family had the GOOD SENSE to LEAVE Virginia and Alabama, in the wake of all the devastation. How about you STOP excusing BAD BEHAVIOR?

Bruce Wood says:

John Boyd He made a statement PANDERING to the rube audience he's been FOOLING for a couple years, making a TON of money ACTING like he was a redneck hillbilly, who'd stumbled into money, when nothing could be FURTHER from the truth. TV went to his head, and he opened his big mouth, inserted BOTH feet! No one should listen to someone with his flaws, and IF they do, they know LITTLE about the Bible! Read Mark 7:1-2, to clarify it for your small-mindedness.

Bruce Wood says:

Carolyn Hook IF he did, then he should have learned to "Judge not, that ye not be judged, 2 For what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." It seems Phil forgot the second part of this passage, in his haste to pander to a hillbilly audience he's been FOOLING for a couple years now. In other words, TV went to his head, and he opened his big mouth, inserted BOTH feet.

Charles Norris says:

Bruce Wood Maybe you should read the whole article instead of picking and choosing bits and pieces of what he said to support your tirade against people who speak out against what society is normalizing.
I suggest you read what I said. He had no morals UNTIL he found God. He did all of the things you pointed out PRIOR to finding God and his love and grace. He gave up drugs, booze and chasing women after he got saved.

Patrick Hickey says:

Pretty hilarious that people ignore dozens of laws from the Old Testament while focusing on one and then claim that they're the devout ones.

Patrick Hickey says:

If you claim to base your definition of sin on the Old Testament, I guarantee that you commit dozens of sins every day. If you're married, I hope your wife was a virgin when you married her. Otherwise you're supposed to execute her. I assume you eat kosher as well.

Angie Collins Thomas says:

I love it! Phil Robertson was a womanizer and a drunk! His words! So he did stray from his Christian beliefs.

Carolyn Hook says:

Bruce and Todd, yes, he went his own way for a while until it all caught up with him and he hit the bottom of the barrel! Then he turned his life around and is where he is today. Maybe you need to check out the why he turned around! It is out there on the web, etc.

Jim Rountree says:

naw, don't bother. why don't you do something more constructive.

Jeff Mullins says:

I'm sure the native people's would be confused about not being THE RealmAmericans…

it IS a sin just like murder, adultery ,lies , ect. and I refuse to have a theological conversation with a judgmental atheist … Merry Christmas and I will pray for you.

Jim Rountree says:

i'm not judging anyone because of the way they were born. i'm judging adults who should know better. and while i'm glad you've done the work you've done (if this is in fact true), i would think lumping a group of people for the way they're born and for loving each other into a group that needs to be single out as immoral would be something that you stand against. being homosexual isn't a "sin". it just is. there's homosexuality in the rest of the animal kingdom, it's not a sin.

well for your information I have volunteered for many years at homeless shelters and worked with re-covering addicts , and the ONLY one in this conversation accusing anyone of hate is YOU. God loves everyone but he hates SIN, all Sin…. not just homosexuality and you want to preach to me about judging people ?? read your own post and if you have any wisdom at all you will see your own hipocracy

Jim Rountree says:

Ronnie Williams it isn't god's word. it's the word of some arab from 1300 years ago retranslated and changed by kings ten times over. and how is it a sin to love someone else? i don't get you christians, you all cling to the bible and jesus, saying things about love, yet when it comes to actually loving one another, you refuse, telling poor people and gay people to fuck off because of some obscure passage in the bible. all the while completely ignoring the parts where jesus said love thy neighbor and help those less fortunate than you.

God doesn't hate GAY people, he hates then sin they are committing, he also hates it when people take his word out of context

Terry Artripe says:

jay was friends with malcom forbes who was gay as hell itself

John Boyd says:

Bruce Wood he made a statement about what sin is or what is considered sin. He wasn't convicting or judging anyone. Anyone of even mediocre intelligence the read the ENTIRE article can see that. Phil Robertson IS an American. None of us are perfect and he at least admits it.

Butch Miller says:

DW Ponthie There are plenty of people that claim to be true Americans but their actions show where their heart truly is and if you don't understand that then you need to do some soul searching… because America is under attack and we have a government that claims to be true Americans but their actions are perilous to true Americans!!!

Bill Lancaster says:

Apparently the only "real Americans," at least according to this idiot, are WASPs, and everyone else can go pound sand.

Ellen Miller says:

Same here. My great grandmother came here from Ireland and went to work for a wealthy family in Pittsburg. She was just 16 yrs old. Proud to be here and became a citizen and she also never spoke Gaelic. She never taught her native language to her children . I wish she had I would love to know a little of it. Her son fought for this country and we have all been proud Americans who love this country. She had 13 children.

Jim Rountree says:

if hating gay people is moral and godly, then i revel in being immoral and devilish. why would god hate gay people then make them? doesn't make any goddamn sense.

Jim Rountree says:

this is literally the media sharing this story

never knew these two aces had a history,let alone a football history!how cool is that? love em both!God Bless you both! Jim Skipworth.

Bruce Wood says:

Todd Chester I was referring to the original quote, not yours, Todd. Jackie Sanders was lauding Phil R's "values", which I find rather hard to spot. Maybe they are the size of the phallus of a flea? Maybe smaller? Sure seem to be miniscule, in any case!

The way I took it, Paul meant you had to be of a certain political and religious persuasion to be a true American, like many who celebrate being "Patriots." The way I see it, if someone does their best to carry their own weight, contributes at least as much as they take from the system, accepts responsibility for their actions, and respects other peoples' rights & beliefs, they are true American patiots, regardless of national origin or political and religious belief.

Todd Chester says:

Which was my point exactly Bruce.

Todd Chester says:

Which was my point exactly Bruce.

Todd Chester says:

Which was my point exactly Bruce.

Todd Chester says:

Which was my point exactly Bruce.

Bruce Wood says:

Which "values" were those? That he should do what he wanted, instead of being part of the team? Later, that he should be adulterous, alcoholic, drugging? Hmm, funny how people assess character! If you're on TV, you're forgiven sins that you can hold against others! NOT "American" at all–much less "true" or "real"!

Bruce Wood says:

Which were those? That he should do what he wanted, instead of being part of the team? Later, that he should be adulterous, alcoholic, drugging? Hmm, funny how people assess character! If you're on TV, you're forgiven sins that you can hold against others! NOT "American" at all–much less "true" or "real"!

Todd Chester says:

Take a look at his I Am Second video. He wasn't always filled with those values.

Chuck Bump says:

Brenda Young Jeter I responded a couple hours ago, but it's not on here. Anyway, I said that no, I'm ot a mind reader and I don't know Jay. I hope with this we can drop this stupid discussion. Feel free to believe you've changed my mind. Good night.

Chuck Bump says:

Steve Wilde says:

Steve Evans same thing as John said, I agree, is already lost, no going back now just have to live with it unless you think an AK can put up any kind of resistance against drones, beam weapons, armored mini tanks, sat surveillance, well equipped ground troops and billions of rounds of ammo, I wont quit without a fight but it will be a losing battle most likely

Steve Wilde says:

sorry I missed it too. Jay's business is to entertain and he is good at it. He will say what he has to but I have noticed he takes the conservative side most the time so I find the outspoken conservative to be odd. Still, I haven't watched the show for a long time so you could be right.

Dian Avery says:

Duck Dynasty? GREAT PEOPLE!!!

Grant Davis says:

Joe Gallagher Same for my French Grandparents and my Dutch grandparents

Amber Hart Damin says:

Celia Millard : Don't use name calling. It is immature. You probably don't even know the person.

Chuck Bump says:

OK, fine, I'm wrong. How's that?

Bill Lancaster says:

Pamela K. Cahoon Laub You must be referring to most of the people of this thread…

Chuck Bump Just how well do you know Jay? Or are you a mind reader? Jay's show he could've stopped Bradshaw anytime he wanted to.

Kellie Terrell Hillman says:

Yep that's Phil! love him!

wish Phill would keep his "views" between him and his friends … when you offend other HUMANS you catch hell … and it doesnt matter if you're a bible toting , scripture quoting red neck … bet he had no idea how many gay/lesbians or mule fucking people watched his show … better luck next interview

#STOPTHECHECKS

DW Ponthie I was born on American soil,I served America's military therefore I claim to be an American.Don't forget it.

Steven Tibbs says:

DW Ponthie YOU ARE NOT REAL….

Dwight King says:

DW Ponthie you are an idiot, you must not be an American

Gene Force says:

Gene Force
13 hours ago
1 Corinthians 6: 9-11! Word of Truth!

We may deny it, run from it, ignore it, and castigate and make fun of those who believe it and struggle to live by It.

But, Jesus Himself said: "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away"!

I know that I still have a long way to go in becoming all that He is in the process of doing in my life; but from where I stand it is so much more important to be biblically correct than Politically Correct.

The Word of God never changes…it the same 'yesterday, today and forever'. Political correctness changes with greater frequency than our changing our socks or underwear.

Truth is always Truth…it never can be anything else. In every situation in life we must seek to find and live by the Truth….always remembering that the 'agape' love of God will give value to all we say, all we think and all we do.

The Truth must be always shared and spoken and lived out of the LOVE that God has for us and that we are to demonstrate in all of our relationships with others regardless of who they are or what the circumstances may be.

I often fail, but when I do He reminds me of Who He is and who He is 'in me' and enables me to repent and continue on as I learn how to live my life daily as pleasing to Him…Jesus is Lord.

Chuck Bump says:

Celia Millard Jay's or Phil"s? Those mannerisms and facial expressions during Terry's segment are the same that Jay has when interviewing any outspoken Conservative. Maybe he likes the man but not his message. You know, like the sinner and not the sin? All in all I've been called worse than a dummy, and I don't watch either show, except "Headlines" on Monday nights.

too bad media in this country can't find stories like this to share…

Celia Millard says:

DUMMY—JAY REALLY LIKES PHIL SHOULD WATCH HIS SHOW MORE

Celia Millard says:

DUMMY—JAY REALLY LIKES PHIL SHOULD WATCH HIS SHOW MORE

Charlotte Jacobs says:

Agreed Bill. :D

Rob Philyaw says:

I knew about the football past, but hadn't seen Bradshaw talk about it. One went for the bucks and one went for the ducks. Neat story.

Bill Race says:

Charlotte Jacobs… What I was pointing out is that Terry Bradshaw did not go on recently and talk about him. This was in the past. I will be interested to see if he has any comment about the recent reports.

Charlotte Jacobs says:

Thanks Bill. Free Speech is a wonderful thing! Thanks again.

Charlotte Jacobs says:

Thanks Bill. Free Speech is a wonderful thing! Thanks again.

Bill Race says:

This interview was in October. Not after the controversy started recently.

Bill Race says:

This interview was in October. Not after the controversy started recently.

Pamela K. Cahoon Laub says:

DW Ponthie – A lot of people today are a disgrace to America and don't deserve to be called Americans.

DW Ponthie Your a fool, but in this great Country you have every right to be !

Sandra Taylor says:

My great-great-great- grandfather was Daniel Boone's brother, Squire Boone, and I am a life-long conservative, real American.

Sandra Taylor says:

Steve Evans says:

occupied by corporate power structure that runs the gov to the benefit of (not Us) John even Obama the Marxist is really a corporate puppet don't ya know as long as we get to keep our guns and social security we'll be just fine don't ya think with that we can still shop at Walmart

Steve Evans says:

DW Ponthie Hey, boy. where were you hatched???? Kenya??

Charles Norris says:

He didn't get those morals until he found God. Try searching for "I Am Second" and watch his video. The story he tells is simply amazing. He used to be a drinker and druggie.

Terry Bradshaw is one of the smartest, most Handsome Men I have ever seen!

Michael D Ford says:

DW Ponthie maybe not…because of people like you..cynics that don't believe

Scott Schafer says:

Ok, DW – if you say so.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: From now on, you may no longer refer to anyone within the borders of America as a "real American". They shall be referred to as PLORMPLE GWANKS.

Scott Schafer says:

Scott Schafer says:

Ok, DW – if you say so.

Scott Schafer says:

Ok, DW – if you say so.

Scott Schafer says:

Ok, DW – if you say so.

Enjoyed. But, except for rare special occasions like Carry Underwood's well watched live version of "the Sound of Music", MSM mainstream US Media is controlled by cultural Marxist – they hate us. Turn off your TV, we live in an occupied country.

Virgil Tattershall says:

DW Ponthie Get a grip….Is this your job? Do you just sit at your computer and hall monitor everyone? You sure live a sad life.

Paul Wayne Dominy If only our President could be included in that list.

Paul Wayne Dominy If only our President could be included in that list.

Paul Wayne Dominy If only our President could be included in that list.

Paul Wayne Dominy If only our President could be included in that list.

Paul Wayne Dominy If only our President could be included in that list.

Paul Wayne Dominy If only our President could be included in that list.

Paul Wayne Dominy If only our President could be included in that list.

Ray Ramirez says:

Paul Wayne Dominy I'm with you. There are plenty of true Americans still. I myself am a third generation American and am very proud to be an American. My parents did everything they could to be sure that we were proud and loyal to our country. I also a sure we are fixing to see a lot more true Americans step up here real soon. We are tired of what is happening to our country ad tired of what this traitor in chief is doing.

I have hope !! The good, the decent, the straight shootin',….wonderful ! Terry and Phil: true American good guys . Yes !!!

Patricia O'Daniel MacDonald says:

I believe you must be referring to Nobraino Nobama. He is the LEAST eal American I have ever seen.

Chuck Bump says:

Paul, For what it's worth my ansesters(Bump) arrived in Mass. in the middle 1600's. Now I'm a conservative and my sister is an aclu liberal.

Don Pittman says:

Terry will always be my idol!

Don Pittman says:

Terry will always be my idol!

Paul Wayne Dominy My Irish Grandfather immigrated to America in 1906. He was so proud to be an American he gave up his Irish Gaelic Language and he and my Grandmother never spoke it to any of their nine children. They would only speak it to each other when there was to be punishment meted out to one of the errant children. "Pa" told his children and grandchildren: "We are Americans FIRST! We just happen to be of Irish Lineage."

Jackie Sanders says:

What a great story! It's nice to know Phil Robertson has never swayed from his values.

DW Ponthie Is an IDIOT!!!!

I disagree,DW I 'm a fifth generation born American. However I do know some Americans that were not born here, that have taken the Oath of Citizenship and I must confess many of them are more Americans than many that are native born here.

DW Ponthie says:

there isn't any "real" american..it's like saying genuine or real chicken on a package of poultry…

Chuck Bump says:

It looked like Jay was just itching to get in there and say something negative about Phil's beliefs. Terry won out and got his story told. Sorry I miss that show.

I love it. A True story about a True America by a True America !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember not everyone who calls themselves an American are Real Americans,Need I say More !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hal von Luebbert says:

Great Story!!! And Terry Bradshaw is a "hoss."

Hal von Luebbert says:

Great story!!!

Linda Lou Schwoyer-Stoudt says:

Great story about Terry and Phil. So this proves that Phil as always had those values and morals when he even went to college.

Ida Cook says: