TCN Since the very beginning, the Obama administration has been accused of using the US consulate in Benghazi to send missiles from Libyan arsenals to Turkey. The Obama administration ordered the US military to stand down and not intervene when Jihadists, which the Obama administration had previously back in a war against Qaddafi, attacked the consulate. The Obama administration then lied about the stand down dozens of times in press conferences and statements.
Joe DiGenova, a former U.S. attorney who now represents Mark Thompson, one of the so-called “Benghazi whistleblowers” who testified before Congress last spring, says he’s been told that some “very ugly people” had stolen the missiles, and that the Benghazi annex played a key role in the theft.
“I do not know whether [the missiles] were at the annex, but it is clear the annex was somehow involved in the process of the distribution of those missiles,” said DiGenova in an interview Monday with WMAL’s Mornings On The Mall.
How did DiGenova get this information? He told WMAL that ever since he and his wife and law partner, Victoria Toensing, began representing the Benghazi whistleblowers last spring, they have been contacted by several people eager to share information about what really happened the night of September 11, 2012, when four Americans were killed in the Consulate attack, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens.
“This information comes from a former intelligence official who stayed in constant contact with people in the special ops and intelligence community,” said DiGenova, “and it is pretty clear that the biggest concern right now is that 400 missiles, which have been diverted in Libya and have gotten into the hands of some very ugly people. And they are worried, specifically according to these sources, about an attempt to shoot down an airliner,” he added.